Thursday, June 16, 2011

George's Birthday




It was my friend George's birthday, to celebrate his flat mates organized a pub-crawl. We also went out to dinner and a movie. For dinner we went out to “Filling Station”, the local favorite. The closest restaurant I could equate it to at home is like BJ’s. Filling Station is always good. 


As per usual I got my favorite, Cajun chicken pasta bake!! I have nearly fallen in love with that dish. I am trying to find a way that they would ship it home to me weekly, but in negotiations so far, they are not up for it. Lol. Anyway, back to George’s Birthday. We ate at Filling Station because George had never been there before. 
So we ate there and then walked over to the movie theatre. 

We have the coolest movie theatre I’d ever been to. 

You can pay for a VIP seat where the seat is bigger and better and you don’t have to share your armrest…lol. It was GREAT!!!! Plus they have silly snacks too. You can get a "mix it" bucket where you fill it up with whatever you want. 


They had gummy treats shaped like crocodiles, fried eggs, shrimp, fangs, coke bottles, bananas and other silly shapes. So needless to say I filled up a bucket and giggled through the movie eating crocodile heads.  

We saw the movie “Thor”, which was based on a comic book. It was a little silly and far-fetched, but for a movie based on a comic book I think it was well done. My favorite part is when Thor tries coffee for the first time and likes it, so he throws the mug on the floor and yells “ANOTHER”!

After the movie we all went to my flat for cake and presents. Amanda and I had figured out how to make an Ice Cream cake from scratch, and George had never even heard of Ice Cream Cakes, so we had to make him one. 

We also went and got him a few things for his birthday as presents. He said that he wanted a new white shirt and a tie, so we got him those. 





The tie we got him came with matching cuff links so that was sweet. Lol. We also got him these novelty boxers that he pointed out earlier in the week at the mall. They say, “I’m huge in Japan”. Lol. Those were hilarious. But I think the best thing we got for George was a pint glass that held 2 ½ pints of beer!!!!

The next day was George’s Pub Crawl. For his pub-crawl we decided to “suit up”. Which mean going out in dresses and heels/shirt and tie. I will spare my mom the details but lets just say it was a good time. 












deep fried mars bar YUM






No comments:

Post a Comment